My Commitment to Your Privacy
I am committed to respecting the privacy of my website visitors. For that reason I have taken, and will continue to take, measures to help protect the privacy of personal information held by my website.
This Privacy Statement provides you with details regarding: (1) how and why I collect personal information; (2) what I do with that information; (3) the steps that we take to help ensure that access to that information is secure; (4) how you can access personal information pertaining to you; and (5) who you should contact if you have questions and concerns about our policies or practices.
By accessing or using the website, you consent to the terms of this Privacy Statement. If you do not consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement, do not access the website or provide us with any personal information.
1. When I collect personal information
(a) Automatic collection
I may receive certain information automatically when you interact with my website, emails and/or online advertising. This may include information such as the type of Internet browser or computer operating system you are using, your IP address, and the domain name of the website you just left.
We do not place cookies on your system.
(b) Information you provide to us
When you interact with CREOntario.ca, or me personally you may provide me with personal information including the following:
- Contact information (e.g. name, address, email, telephone number) and information about your business (e.g. your position or job title) that we may use to respond to your inquiry, and to manage your membership or service request if applicable;
(c) Social Media
I may offer you the opportunity to engage with us through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications. Through these platforms, you may allow us to access information associated with your social media account. I may use this information to confirm your identity and to personalize your experience on our Website.
2. How I use personal information
As part of my business operations, I collect and use certain personal information about our members, including contact information such as name, address, email address and telephone number, in order to process your requests, provide you with membership services and to understand your needs so that I can serve you better.
I may use demographic and profile data, combined with other publicly available information, to tailor online content according to your preferences. In addition, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Facilitate participation in certain promotions and programs;
- Inform you about opportunities to participate in additional programs and services;
- To respond to your inquiries and, if you ask I to, forwarding your inquiries to a third party when resolving a membership assistance case;
- Managing and responding to leasing and/or service requests;
- To process payment for your membership request;
- To meet regulatory or contractual requirements relating to the services and products provided to you; and
- To help identify you when you visit the website, to gather demographic information about users of our website, and to improve our online offerings and website administration.
3. When we share personal information
I do not share your personal information with any third party, except for the individual who manages my website.
In addition, I will disclose personal information:
- If a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order legally authorizes us or requires us to do so;
- As necessary to our service providers that help us with our business operations;
- If necessary to protect the safety or security of users of the website, to detect and prevent fraud or abusive behaviour, or when otherwise required or permitted by law to protect our rights and those of our members;
- With your consent.
Except as set out above, I do not sell, rent, share or disclose the personal information we hold or make our membership list available to others without your consent. My contractors and third party service providers are contractually obligated to maintain privacy policies that are no less stringent than our own.
4. How long do I hold personal information?
Personal information is retained only for so long as is necessary for the purpose set out above. When no longer required, I will destroy, erase or de-personalize the information. Legal requirements may necessitate our retaining some or all of the personal information I hold for a period of time that is longer than we might otherwise hold it.
To ensure that the personal information you provided is accurate, complete and up to date, I urge you to provide me with updates regarding such information and to inform us of any errors affecting the personal information that we hold.
6. Security Measures
We maintain technological, organizational and physical safeguards in an effort to protect the personal information held by us from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, distribution, loss or alteration. Access to personal information will be restricted to our authorized personnel who require the information in order to perform their duties properly. In addition, access will be limited to only that information that is strictly necessary for the performance of those duties. The same limitations are imposed upon my third party service providers.
7. Accessing personal information
Our members are entitled to access the personal information held by us concerning them. You can access your personal information by making a written request to us. I will generally respond to your request for information within thirty days, unless, for reasons beyond our control, a longer response time is necessary, in which case, you will be advised accordingly.
8. Inquiries or Complaints
If you are not completely satisfied with or wish to submit comments concerning this Privacy Statement or its application by us, we invite you to convey your concerns or suggestions to me via e-mail at PeterBurdon@royallepage.com.
I will reply as quickly as possible and inform you of the steps, if any, that have been or will be taken in order to address the concern or implement the suggestion.
As a visitor, you may receive email communications from me to facilitate your use of our website and advise you of properties that we represent. If you wish to opt out of receiving future emails from us, you may do so by contacting me.
Please allow us up to ten business days for us to process your request. Note that if you unsubscribe from certain of our emails, we may still contact you by email about your membership, or as otherwise permitted by law.
10. Third Party Links
11. Modifications to this policy
I reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time. I will alert you that changes have been made by indicating at the top of the Privacy Statement the date that it was last updated.I encourage you to review our Privacy Statement to make sure that you understand how information that you provide will be used. Any changes that are made to this Privacy Statement will apply to both any personal information that we hold prior to the effective date of the amended Privacy Statement and any personal information that I collect on or after such effective date.